To use Call Waiting Deluxe:
1. A beep tone, that only you hear, lets you know that another call is waiting.
2. After the first beep, the Call Waiting party’s phone number will be displayed.
To answer the second call without disconnecting the first call:
1. Press the receiver button down for about one second and release it to place your first call on hold. You will automatically be connected with the second caller.
2. By pressing the receiver button and releasing it, you may alternate between calls.
3. Each conversation is private and cannot be heard by the other caller.
To disconnect one person and be connected with the person holding:
1. End the first call by hanging up the phone.
2. Your phone will ring.
3. When you answer it, you’ll be connected to the person holding.
If your phone is equipped with a “link”, “tap” or “lightning bolt” button, use this button instead of the receiver button.
The Call Waiting Deluxe feature requires subscription to the Caller ID feature. Refer to the Caller ID feature for these requirements. If the person calling you is in an area outside the Caller ID service area, you may not receive the number. If private appears on the screen, the caller may have used the Caller ID Blocking option.
Back to Top