Being a member of the NTCA – The Rural Broadband Association means HTC also supports the Foundation For Rural Service (FRS). In particular, we are a conduit for the FRS’ Youth Programs. FRS provides scholarships, a Youth Tour, and a number of other programs to help invest in the next generation of leaders and citizens.
The Foundation for Rural Service (FRS) Scholarship Program annually awards scholarships to an exceptional group of rural students for their first year of college or vocational school. All applicants require sponsorship by an NTCA—The Rural Broadband Association member company to be eligible.
This year, HTC is assisting in taking applications for the FRS Scholarship program. Each scholarship is valued at $2,000, and funds can be used to cover expenses related to attending a two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. As the telecommunications service provider for Horry, Georgetown, and Marion counties, HTC will contribute an additional $500 to the scholarship if a student from our area is selected to receive the award, bringing the total scholarship to $2,500.
Eligible students must:
- Have a parent or guardian that is an HTC Member
- Be a graduating high school senior.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be sponsored by a current NTCA–The Rural Broadband Association member.
- Be accepted by an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school.
- Have at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Express an interest to return to a rural community following graduation.
The 2022 FRS Scholarship application window will open later this fall, and interested applicants should apply directly through FRS. To learn more and apply, click here.
When applying, the student should select HTC in Conway, SC from the Employer section. The address listed will be P.O. Box 1820, Conway, SC 29528-1820.