Back To School is BACK!
Just like every year before 2022, the summer has completely flown by. Even though it has, we hope it was a good one for you and your family. But, now that school is back in session, HTC hopes you’re geared up for an exciting new year.
To help you be prepped and ready, below are some tips you can use to ensure everyone gets back into a positive, productive school routine.
- Talk openly with your kids about their feelings about returning to school and be ready to answer any questions.
- Help your kids put together a rough outline of their school and activity schedules.
- Schedule blocks of time to check in with each child to see how things are going.
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. What’s allowed and when.
- Work out an after-school schedule that allows time for snack, relaxation, play and study.
- If they choose to take lunch some or all days, let your kids involved in creating and preparing their daily lunch menus.
- Set — and enforce — regular weekday and weekend bedtimes.
- Remove tech devices, such as phones and tablets, from kids’ bedrooms to focus them on sleeping.
- Remove distractions like TVs and video game consoles from homework areas.
With proper planning your kids, and you, will be better able to tackle the school year feeling confident and ready for anything!