Cooperative Spirit Scholarship
In our continued efforts to support area students, HTC recognizes select seniors throughout Horry and Georgetown Counties.
As part of this program, HTC awards a total of $13,000 in scholarship money. This equals to one recipient from each high school in the HTC service area receiving $1,000 to use toward furthering their education.
“This generous commitment from HTC will allow us to expose our talented area youth to the educational and career opportunities available to them through HGTC, and to do so at an early age,” said HGTC president Dr. Marilyn Murphy Fore. “The scholarships will make these opportunities a reality for high school students across Horry and Georgetown counties.”
The prerequisites for the Cooperative Spirit Scholarship Award include enrolling at Horry Georgetown Technical College, having high academic marks and demonstrating leadership qualities in their individual communities.
This scholarship is part of HTC’s “Helping the Community” initiative, which focuses on a deeper interactivity between the cooperative and the communities which are served.
This year’s recipients representing the Class of 2022 are:
- Patrick Tayshawn Jordan, Aynor High
- Joseph Tantalo, Carolina Forest High
- Ariana Robinson, Conway High
- Tania Alvarado, Green Sea Floyds Highs
- Faith Martin, Loris High
- Joseph Martens, Myrtle Beach High
- Marielena Godinez, North Myrtle Beach High
- Alondra Badillo, Socastee High
- Kyleigh Crumbling, St. James High
- Russell Walker Lambert, Andrews High
- Erica Holmes, Carvers Bay High
- Vonnie Cribb, Georgetown High
- Bella Blocker, Waccamaw High
If you, or someone you know, may be eligible for this scholarship in 2023, visit your school webpage and contact your school counselor.