Welcome to HTC Connect
Tech Tuesday: Ed Piotrowski joins show to tout NASA app
In celebration of Falcon 9 launching two astronauts to orbit, HTC Tech Tuesday welcomes special guest AMS certified chief meteorologist and self-proclaimed space enthusiast Ed Piotrowski.
Piotrowski explains his in-depth weather forecasting wouldn’t be possible without the images and weather tracking satellites operated by NASA. While tracking the weather may not be your idea of a fun pastime, the NASA app can make science exploration exciting.
The NASA app has a number of interactive features, including NASA Television. Use this tool to watch NASA TV, view live pictures from space, and listen to NASA radio and podcasts.
The NASA Twitter feed engages followers with events like virtual tours of the Kennedy Center and science projects you can try at home.
Click on images to see pictures of space missions, planets, and photos of waterspouts and storms moving across the ocean, like the ones we experience along the South Carolina coast.
Receive the NASA image of the day and updates to NASA events when you turn on notifications by clicking the menu icon in the upper, right corner.
The NASA app is a good resource for teachers, kids, and families who may want to incorporate a little space adventure into their summer break.
As always, share your experiences and thoughts on social media using the #HTCTechTuesday, and e-mail any shareworthy ideas to Tech.Tuesday@htcinc.net. We’ll see you next week for another edition of Tech Tuesday!
Latest Local Headlines
- Two grocery stores on the Grand Strand are shutting down in 2021. Here’s what we know
- A car horn, a gun and cuffs: Horry cops detail how a morning argument ended with arrests
- This is worldwide: 88-year-old retiree rides out coronavirus in Horry County
- Keeping things going: Finding new ways to deliver the Message in Horry County in COVID-19
- We might lose everything: Bad timing at COVID-19 start may cost Surfside family their home
- FIRST ALERT: End of the week showers and storms
- Deputies investigate deadly robbery in Robeson County; no arrests made
- Lumberton man faces arson charge in connection to house fire
- DA: No charges expected to be filed after three family members shot in Robeson County
- 4 hurt after head-on crash along Highway 31, fire crews say
- Three shot, including one-year-old in Robeson County
- Could restrictions be put back in place in SC because of COVID-19?
- Head-on crash at Highway 31 and International Drive Wednesday night
- Wondering who to vote for in next week's primary? Check out our cheat sheet
- Landscaping company employee claims he was racially profiled in Horry County neighborhood
Latest National Headlines
- At least 39 injured in knife attack at China kindergarten
- 23-year-old woman arrested for allegedly running over San Jose pedestrian, officials say
- 'Get off the grass!' Australian PM told to move on during stimulus announcement
- Pompeo aide tried to 'bully' ex-State Department watchdog and stop probe in Saudi arms deal, Dems say
- 5.5 earthquake hits near Ridgecrest, USGS says
- 15-yo charged with murder in man's death
- Walmart removes firearms from some stores amid protests
- Senate panel approves legislation requiring campaigns to report foreign election help
- A Florida police officer pushed a kneeling protester to the ground. Then his black colleague stepped in
- Jimmy Carter on George Floyd protests: 'Silence can be as deadly as violence'
- Senate Passes Bill To Give Paycheck Protection Plan Loan Recipients More Flexibility - HuffPost
- US new weekly jobless claims seen falling below 2 million - Fox Business
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant against Samsung heir Jay Lee - TechCrunch
- Europe’s stock-market rally is leaving the U.S. behind as ECB and governments step up, analysts say - MarketWatch
- Senate Passes Changes to Small Business PPP Loan Program - Bloomberg
- Ahmaud Arbery's Mother to Attend George Floyd's Funeral
- 'Gown and Out' Dress Shop Destroyed in Riots, Over $500k in Damages
- Band Behind Joe Exotic's Music Set to Release New 'Killer Carole' Song
- George Floyd Murals and Tributes Around the World
- Dennis Rodman Urging Black People to Vote, Launches Fundraiser
- Chris Trousdale, former member of Dream Street, dead at 34
- 'Now is the time': John Boyega addresses protesters at London Black Lives Matter rally
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' cast donates $100,000 to bail relief fund for protesters
- Lea Michele apologizes after Samantha Marie Ware accuses her of making 'Glee' a 'living hell'
- Keke Palmer asks National Guard members to 'march with us' during protest
- Nick Cave Donated a Pair of ‘Sparkly Socks’ to Help Save a U.K. Music Venue
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Hip-Hop Doc Postponed Out of Solidarity With Protesters
- Kane Brown Shares Uplifting Song ‘Worldwide Beautiful,’ Dedicates Funds to BGCA: Stream It Now
- Beyonce on Justice After George Floyd Murder: ‘There Is a Long Road Ahead’
- International Assn. of Entertainment Lawyers Gathers for Virtual Summit During MIDEM 2020