It’s once again storm season in South Carolina, and although we hope the entire coast dodges a hit this year, one should always stay prepared.
Staying connected is vital during a storm, and preventive maintenance can help you stay in touch longer.
Here are some quick tips you can do to help your family stay safe in a scary situation:
- Have a family communication plan in place, with one person as the central contact.
- Program all your emergency numbers into your phone.
- Keep phone lines open whenever possible. Too many callers jam the lines.
- Purchase battery backups for VoIP equipment in case the power goes out, and consider getting a traditional landline phone.
- Keep wireless batteries charged and an alternate plan to recharge them.
- Try text messaging instead of calling.
- Should you have to evacuate, use call forwarding.
Always remember that HTC retail locations offer free Wi-Fi should you need it after a storm.