How do I arm my alarm system?
To arm your alarm system:
- AWAY mode: Enter in 4-digit code, then press 2
- STAY mode: Enter in 4-digit code, then press 3
How do I disarm or silence an active alarm?
To disarm or silence an active alarm enter your 4-digit code, then press 1 for to turn the alarm OFF.
How do I check the status of my alarm system?
To check the status of your alarm system press *.
How do I clear an alarm or fault from my alarm panel screen?
The customer will need to enter 4-digit code and off twice to clear previous alarms and faults.
How do I enable or disable the chime feature for my alarm system?
To enable or disable the chime feature on your alarm system enter your 4-digit code, then press 9 to either turn the CHIME on or off.
How do I reset the time and date on my alarm panel?
To reset the time and date on your alarm panel:
- Enter your 4-digit code, then # 6 3 *
- Enter 2-digit hour
- Enter 2-digit minute
- Press 1 for PM OR 2 for AM
- Enter last 2 digits of current year followed by 2-digit month and 2-digit day.
- Press * to Exit
How do I bypass zones?
To bypass zones:
- Enter your 4-digit code, then press 6 for BYPASS, then enter the 2-digit zone number (For example, if your 4-digit code is 1234, enter 1234 6 04)
Please note you will be unable to bypass a smoke detector. Bypass will be erased when the alarm is disarmed. Bypassing zones has to be set prior to each time the system is armed.
What does is mean when my panel displays an FC error?
This means the alarm failed to communicate with monitoring at one time. It could be possible the dial tone dropped at the location.
Steps to perform a Communication Test or Comm Test:
- Check the telephone line for dial tone.
- If no dial tone, call repair for service.
- If dial tone is present, continue to step 2.
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed and the system is reading “Ready to arm” on panel.
- The landline phone must be on the receiver and cannot be in use for this test.
- Enter 4-digit code, then 5 for TEST, then 1 on the keypad (for example, if your 4-digit code is 1234, enter 1234
- The system may make a loud beeping noise during test and “DD” may appear on the screen.
- Wait 1 minute and then clear “FC” from the panel by entering your 4-digit code then pressing 1 for OFF, then enter your 4-digit code and press 1 for OFF again
- If the error remains after the test, the alarm will need to be intentionally triggered by following these steps:
- Call the monitoring center 843-369-0063 to place the account on TEST for 15 minutes, then set and intentionally trigger the alarm
- Allow the alarm to go off for 45 seconds, then enter in your 4-digit code and press OFF, then enter in 4-digit code and press OFF again
- If communication error is still present, please report to HTC Technical Support at 843-365-2186 avail 24/7
How do I test my alarm system?
While the alarm system is in test mode it will not send any alarm signals to monitoring stations.
- Make sure all doors and windows are closed and system is “Ready to arm”
- Enter 4-digit code, then 5 for TEST (for example, if your 4-digit code is 1234, enter 1234 5)
- The external sounder will sound for 2 seconds
- Open each protected door and window in turn and listen for 3 beeps from the keypad.
- Ex: when a door is opened, the panel should beep 3 times, identifying the zone. The zone information will also appear on the panel and then disappear once the door is closed.
- Walk in front of all motion sensors to check.
- The display of the panel will show which motion is being triggered when you walk in front of it.
- The panel will clear when the detector no longer senses motion.
- Once all of the desired Zones are tested, enter your 4-digit code then 1 for OFF
*If TEST mode is not turned off, the panel will beep every 30 seconds to notify that the system is in test mode and it will automatically turn off after 4 hours.
What kind of batteries does my alarm system use?
Main Battery………………… HL 130620 Sealed lead-acid 12Volt 5AH Battery (Usually located in a closet or laundry room in a case/metal box)
Motion sensor………………. CR123A 3Volt Battery
Smoke detector ……………. (2) CR123A 3Volt Battery
Door sensor………………….. CR123A 3Volt Battery
Window sensor……………… CR123A 3Volt Battery
Keyfob …………………………. CR2032 3Volt Battery
- If sensor has more than 1 battery make sure all batteries are replaced at that time
- Lithium batteries work best on our system
- Please check the batteries in the device before purchasing new batteries in the event the device in question has a different battery type than recommended above.
- Once the battery is replaced enter your 4-digit code then OFF, then repeat the steps again in order to clear the error from the panel
- If your security system has lost power please keep in mind it is possible for the Main System Battery to recharge 24-48 hours once power is restored.
- When changing batteries the system will start beeping when it detects a tamper condition. After changing batteries, the customer will need to enter their 4 code and off twice.
If you are experiencing issues after replacing the battery, you may need a code to reset the device. For assistance call Technical Support at 843.365.2154.