Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union and Horry Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (HTC) have partnered to offer two scholarship awards to graduating high school seniors from Horry, Georgetown, Marion, Williamsburg, and the southern part of Florence County. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to rising college freshmen seeking a four-year degree from Coastal Carolina University or Francis Marion University. The scholarship may be renewed for an additional three years in the amount of $500 per year should the award recipient continue to meet qualifying criteria. The amount a Key Scholarship recipient may be awarded over a four-year period is $2,500.
- Be a graduating high school
- Have at least a 3.0
- Be accepted by and plan to attend either Coastal Carolina University (CCU) or Francis Marion University (FMU) for at least four
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 college credit hours (full-time status) at either CCU or
- Type (preferred) or print all requested
- Complete the scholarship application in full and mail by March 5, 2021. If any information is incomplete, the application could be rejected. If the application is postmarked after March 5, 2021 the application will be
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a school faculty member on the form
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a local community individual (other than an educator or family member) on the form
- Provide a copy of Parents/Guardians’ most recent IRS Income Tax Return and list of miscellaneous benefits received (in the form of government or parental support).
- Include your most recent high school grade transcript with all seven semesters represented including cumulative GPA and Senior Class
- All signatures must be provided where indicated on the
Terms and Conditions
- Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to rising college freshmen attending either Coastal Carolina University or Francis Marion University for a four-year degree. The scholarship may be renewed for an additional three years in the amount of $500 per year should the award recipient continue to meet qualifying criteria. The criteria include maintaining a 3.0 GPA and a full-time semester schedule of at least 12 hours at either Coastal Carolina University or Francis Marion University. The total amount a Key Scholarship recipient may be awarded over a four-year period is $2,500.
- Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by an anonymous qualified selection committee of business
- Winners will be notified in May
- Awards will be paid to the University upon proof of acceptance and registration at either CCU or FMU and verification of student application information
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender or
- Incomplete applications may not be considered. Refer to the checklist on the application form to ensure all components of the application have been
- Employees of Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union and HTC, Inc. nor their children are eligible to participate in this
- Neither the Key Scholarship Committee nor the partnering businesses are responsible for any applications that are lost, stolen, or destroyed during