Welcome to HTC Connect
HTC understands the families throughout the communities we serve are facing unique and uncertain times.
Our mission is, and has always been, to give every member the opportunity to connect with friends, family and the world beyond your front door.
We will remain steadfast in our commitment to offer the most reliable connectivity to ensure you’re able to reach those you love and have access to pertinent information.
We’re proud to live in the communities we serve and to work alongside our neighbors through the challenges ahead.
Support South Carolina Coastal Families Affected by COVID-19
Many families in Horry and Georgetown counties have reached out to HTC with a desire to support those facing economic hardship caused by COVID-19. While essential workers along the South Carolina coast work tirelessly to serve our communities, there are those who can’t return to work for the foreseeable future. There will be many within our communities who need support in a variety of ways.
One of the best ways to help your neighbors is to support an organization that distributes funds to charities that can best reach those in need. The Waccamaw Community Foundation (WCF) is an affiliate of the Coastal Community Foundation. Since 1999, the organization has effectively managed the philanthropic gifts from the community to improve the quality of life in Horry and Georgetown counties.
WCF has developed a COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Fund that’s now accepting donations and grant applications.
“The COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund is a collaborative effort with partners across coastal South Carolina to maximize our support for nonprofits serving critical needs throughout this crisis,” said Angel Johnson-Brebner, director of Waccamaw Community Foundation. “Every dollar we collect goes directly to the nonprofits working on providing medical care, food access, financial support and more to those most impacted by the coronavirus outbreak in our region.”
A number of organizations have helped to establish the relief and recovery fund with $140,000. If you would like to donate to the fund or get more information on how to help, please visit the WCF website. You can even specify a certain county or counties to which you would like your funds to be given.
Latest Local Headlines
- Horry County Coroner identifies man shot and killed outside of Conway
- Together Grand Strand: Local business owner is giving away thousands of Easter goodies
- ‘Follow best practices’: How you can stay active in the Grand Strand during coronavirus
- Horry County is lagging behind the rest of the country in filling out the census
- Horry Schools purchases property to build new Conway area middle school in future
- Horry County to begin virtual court hearings next week amid COVID-19 concerns
- Darlington County deputies arrest Myrtle Beach man connected to home break-ins
- Authorities arrest trio accused of shooting man in Robeson County
- Salvation Army changes food pantry operation, but stays open during coronavirus
- Police issue citations for people violating public beach access ban along Grand Strand
- YMCA of Coastal Georgia provides child care for first responders, health care workers
- Small things we are doing that could put us at risk of contracting coronavirus
- Myrtle Beach man arrested for multiple burglaries in Darlington
- 2 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Charleston prison
- Doctors, nurses are going above and beyond, hospital chaplain says
Latest National Headlines
- A super-spreader believed to be at the center of Chicago's coronavirus outbreak shows the importance of social distancing
- Anthony Fauci says people who recover from the coronavirus should be immune through at least September. But some scientists worry that not all patients develop antibodies.
- Feds' stockpile for coronavirus response is exhausted, amid questions about how supplies were distributed
- Coronavirus: Two US towns, two very different experiences
- Global Cases Top 1.5 Million; Singapore Numbers Up: Virus Update
- Oil prices rise on optimism OPEC+ meeting will result in supply cut - CNBC
- U.S. weekly jobless claims seen hovering near record highs - Investing.com
- Zoom forms security council and adds features to prevent 'zoombombing' - Engadget
- AG Barr On Bill Gates Wanting 'Digital' Vaccine 'Certificates': I'm 'Very Concerned About' Slippery Slope - The Daily Wire
- Trump Blasts Amazon for USPS Losses. Blame Congress Instead. - Barron's
- Royal Caribbean Sued Over Canceled Nurse Convention
- Vanessa Bryant Says Kobe Would Be 'So Proud' After Book Becomes NYT Bestseller
- Playboy Mansion is Unrecognizable Amid Serious Construction
- President Trump Says 'I'll Take a Look' at Pardoning Joe Exotic
- Meghan & Harry's 'Archewell' URL Hijacked for Kanye's 'Gold Digger'
- 'Modern Family' turns out the lights with a warm, funny series finale
- Ellen DeGeneres sparks backlash after joking that self-quarantine is like 'being in jail'
- Here are the celebs who will compete for charity on 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire'
- BET addresses coronavirus racial disparity with 'Saving Our Selves'
- 'The Good Fight' opens its fourth season with a 'what if Hillary won' episode
- Chynna Rogers, Rapper and Model, Dies at 25
- Eliot Tiegel, Former Billboard Managing Editor, Dies at 84
- Randy Newman Shares Catchy Quarantine Tune ‘Stay Away’: Stream It Now
- Watch Oliver Tree’s Hilarious & Super Weird ‘Let Me Down’ Video
- Blues Vet Bobby Rush Is Quarantined at Home With Coronavirus Symptoms