Welcome to HTC Connect
Bitsboard App Can Help Kids Get Jump Start Reading
Although it looks different this year, the school year has started for children in our area. Many students are learning from home, and today we want to provide a resource that’s great for families with small children.
We know that early readers become better with the practice of sight words, vocabulary, and phonics. The Bitsboard app allows your children to practice these skills in a fun engaging way while they’re at home. It also allows you to track their progress.
Download the Bitsboard app from the App Store to begin. When you open the app, a home screen with many boards to choose from will appear.
You will see many levels of activities ranging from preschool to grade 12.
Choose a board that you believe would most benefit your child, such as ABC phonics. Click on the board to download it to your “My Boards” listings. From there, you can access the board to see if the activities would be beneficial for your child.
Many of the boards have different activities suitable for the targeted age group.
For example, the beginning level sight words board is ideal for a preschool student to listen to the words, trace the words to practice writing the letters, and play mindful games, like bingo and word builders.
You can track their practice by clicking on the “person” at the top of the screen. There, you can switch users if you have more than one child playing on the app, change the settings, and view the stats of their practice.
Many of the boards are free to access, but some of the boards may be accessible only through a subscription.
Children are spending more time at home and on devices. Bitsboard is one of the many ways to make sure they’re using that time wisely, and gives them great educational resources to play with during some of their screen time.
Please share your experiences and thoughts on social media using the hashtag #HTCTechTuesday.
Latest Local Headlines
- Here’s the latest on the man accused of murder at a Myrtle Beach Ocean Blvd. hotel
- Hurricane Teddy brings flooding, rip currents to North and South Carolina coasts
- Coronavirus live updates: Here’s what to know in South Carolina on Sept. 20
- ‘He loved the community’: Myrtle Beach, national civil rights leader dies at 70
- Horry County police seek ‘armed and dangerous’ murder suspect in connection to shooting
- DHEC: 420 new COVID-19 cases in SC, 13 new deaths
- Largest container ship to visit U.S. east coast arrives in Charleston
- Darlington County students to return to in-person instruction
- FIRST ALERT: Cool mornings and comfortable afternoons ahead
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 107th birthday in Kannapolis
- Darlington Co. church holds groundbreaking ceremony for new family life center
- Longs man sentenced to 15 years in prison for 2 burglaries in 2017
- South Carolina Legislature to discuss how to spend $700 million in federal COVID-19 aid
- In 2020, vinyl album sales exceed CDs for the first time since 1980s
- DHEC reports 420 COVID-19 cases, 13 additional deaths
Latest National Headlines
- Boss lures maids to home, chains 1 to bed; other dies trying to escape, TX cops say
- Nicola Sturgeon ally Angus Robertson criticised for saying elderly deaths a 'gain' for independence
- ‘Desperate people’ poach starfish, mussels from California tide pools, officials say
- Finnish cruise ship evacuated after running aground in Baltic sea
- Tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts traveled to the Lake of the Ozarks for a bike rally weeks after a similar event in Sturgis was linked to COVID-19 cases in 8 states
- Tesla is preparing to launch Full Self-Driving subscription, puts deadline on Enhanced Autopilot - Electrek
- NYC subway crash: Northbound A train derails after striking debris at station in Chelsea, Manhattan - WABC-TV
- Spirit Airlines reiterates mask policy, CDC standards after passenger refuses to swap gaiter - USA TODAY
- Nissan Z Proto is a four-wheeled love letter to driving purists - Roadshow - CNET
- More new stocks, please! Companies are rushing to IPO before the election - CNN
- Kanye West Posts New Guidelines for His Vision of Record Deals
- Judge Amy Coney Barrett Frontrunner to Fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg Seat
- New York Attorney General Gives Update in Daniel Prude Case, Live Stream
- Spanish Triathlete Allows Competitor to Beat Him at Last Minute
- UFC's Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman Go Nuclear, Trump Calls In
- Emmys 2020: How to watch, the nominees and more
- Lee Kerslake, drummer for Ozzy Osbourne and Uriah Heep, has died
- Felicity Jones says Ruth Bader Ginsburg 'taught us all so much'
- TIFF 2020 kicks off a strange start to the Oscars race
- Emmy preview: 'Watchmen' and 'The Mandalorian' lead the way into a strange virtual weekend
- Kelly Clarkson Is Finding Comfort in John Legend’s ‘Sexy’ New Songs Amid Her Divorce
- Kanye West Offers His Own ‘Recording and Publishing Deal Guidelines’
- Find Out When BTS Is Doing a Tiny Desk Concert
- Madonna Pays Tribute to ‘Fearless Human’ Ruth Bader Ginsburg: ‘She Can Never Be Replaced’
- Eddie Murphy & Dave Chappelle Win Big At Creative Arts Emmy Awards
- Aaron Jones races 75 yards for TD in Packers' longest run since 2004
- AP Top 25 college football poll reaction: What's next for each ranked team
- Chase Claypool stretches Broncos' defense, Steelers' lead with 84-yard touchdown
- Giants' Barkley carried off, won't come back
- Broncos QB Lock exits game with shoulder injury
25 Foot Boat Slip for sale
Bowflex Tread Climber
Auto Collision Technician/Painter
Museum Matinee: General William Westmoreland-The Man Behind the Four Stars
Organizer: Marian Calder
Start Date: 09/30/2020 | End Date: 09/30/2020