Welcome to HTC Connect
Protect your personal information with simple cyber security tips
Throughout 2020 and even into the new year, the pandemic created crimes of opportunity for cyber hackers.
There are more and more stories involving cyber hackers and scammers. Today’s Tech Tuesday provides you with some tech tips that will help keep you cyber aware.
First, always take the time to call a sender and confirm any request to transfer money. Also, be skeptical of any unexpected invoice, or request to receive payment for anything by using gift cards.
Never reuse passwords between any website or service. Do not save your passwords on your phones or in a word document on your computer. If hackers can get into your phone or computer, they will have access to all of your saved passwords. Be vigilant with suspicious SMS messages. Your bank will never ask you to access your account from a text message.
Lastly, don’t click direct links in emails and text messages, especially those asking you to enter sensitive information. It’s always best to go directly to the source, like your banking website. Although we can’t stop the hackers and scammers, we can stay ahead of them.
We hope you will find today’s tips beneficial in your everyday use of technology and allow HTC to create a safe broadband experience for you with our free anti-virus software download for high-speed internet members.
If you have a tech tip or platform that you think is shareworthy, email us at Tech.Tuesday@htcinc.net, and share your thoughts and experiences on social media using the hashtag #HTCTechTuesday.
Latest Local Headlines
- Inmate dies after fight inside cell at prison in Columbia, officials say
- E. coli in Horry County water? Test results inconclusive, but some still blame landfill
- Assault on high school student lands SC deputy in jail and costs him job, cops say
- Boutiques, WiFi, restaurant: You’ll soon find this and more — at an SC farmers market
- COVID vaccine live updates: Here’s what to know in South Carolina on April 20
- Little River pastor spreads message of hope, unity following verdict in George Floyd case
- N.C. Republican lawmakers ask Gov. Cooper to reject any effort to create ‘vaccine passports’
- Sheriff: N.C. woman purposely drove into teens playing basketball
- HCS announces Socastee High School to return to five-day, face-to-face instruction
- Sen. Tim Scott on George Floyd verdict: ‘No question in my mind the jury reached the right verdict’
- 'Tears started rolling down my eyes' SC leaders react to Derek Chauvin verdict
- Little River man charged in Capitol Riots had prior run ins with police, prosecutors say
- Socastee High School will return to 5-day, face-to-face instruction next week
- Crews respond to multi-vehicle crash on Martin Luther King bridge near Darlington St.
- Colder air and rain on the way to the Carolinas
Latest National Headlines
- TikTok sued for billions over use of children's data
- Columbus police fatally shoots Ma’Khia Bryant, 16, quickly releases body-cam footage
- Marjorie Taylor Greene is holding another gun giveaway - despite there having been at least 156 mass shootings in the US since the start of the year
- Burleson woman was dropped out of pickup at police office after she was shot in chest
- New Zealand to consolidate healthcare into national service
- Tesla drives on Autopilot through a regulatory grey zone - Yahoo Finance
- Alt Of Alt Season? As Dogecoin Mutes, Look-Alikes Are Thriving - Benzinga
- Netflix: Shares plunge as subscribers switch off - BBC News
- Ex-Jack Daniel's distiller to make new whiskey in Tennessee - Fox Business
- P&G is raising prices on feminine-care brands this fall | TheHill - The Hill
- Las Vegas Raiders Getting Dragged Over 'I Can Breathe' Post After Chauvin Verdict
- Michael Richards, Wife Sued for Allegedly Cutting Down Neighbor's Trees
- George Floyd's Family Reacts to Derek Chauvin Being Found Guilty of Murder
- Derek Chauvin Wrote Lawyer's Phone Number on Hand
- Teen Who Filmed George Floyd's Death Reacts to Guilty Chauvin Verdict
- You better believe the 'Ted Lasso' Season 2 teaser trailer is a winner
- Demi Lovato apologizes for shaming frozen yogurt shop
- With award ratings in freefall, Oscar organizers hope for the best in a lost year
- Suri Cruise turns 15, and mom Katie Holmes celebrates with photos
- Kate Winslet's daughter slips 'under the radar' to follow in her mother's footsteps
- EDC Las Vegas 2021 Is Pushed Back to October: ‘We Can’t Take That Risk’
- Air Supply Remember Jim Steinman: ‘One Of The World’s Greatest Songwriters’
- Method Man and Redman Give Fans the Ultimate Concert Experience For 4/20 Edition of ‘Verzuz’
- Meat Loaf Pays Tribute to Collaborator Jim Steinman: ‘Fly Jimmy Fly’
- It’s Another Huge Year for All-Female Collabs, Thanks to Doja Cat, Saweetie & More
- Super League suspended: Why English clubs pulled out, what's next for them and UEFA
- Backing up their pledges: Which leagues have followed through since George Floyd's murder
- Van Gundy, other NBA coaches applaud verdict
- Raiders face backlash for 'I can breathe' tweet
- MLB, union meet for 1st CBA talks, sources say