HTC Hotspots Providing Free Wi-Fi to the Community
As businesses and schools closed down during the pandemic, the need for reliable internet to work and learn was essential. HTC made a commitment to keeping the community connected and partnered with community allies to create hotspots throughout Horry and Georgetown counties.
While we are moving toward a pre-COVID way of life, the need for internet access remains; therefore, the hotspots are still available in Horry and Georgetown, and HTC has added access points in Marion County.
The hotspots are open to the public and serve as the power needed to keep our community connected. While access the free public connections, only websites that have been pre-approved by the school districts are accessible.
HTC acknowledges and thanks Horry County Government, the school districts of Horry, Georgetown, and Marion Counties, and the Village Group for their partnership and assistance in this effort.
Where are the Wi-Fi hotspots located?
- James R. Frazier Community Center | 1370 Bucksport Rd, Bucksport, SC
- All Horry County Schools | Individual school locations can be found by visiting the Horry County Schools homepage
- High Schools: Andrews | Carvers Bay | Georgetown |Waccamaw
- Elementary Schools: Brown’s Ferry |Plantersville |Pleasant Hill |Sampit
- Plantersville Cultural Center | 7 Plantersville Road, Georgetown, SC
- Plantersville Community Center | 180 Jackson Village Road, Georgetown, SC
- W.R. Saffold Community Center | 6874 Highway 908, Gresham, SC
- Centenary Community Center | 4904 S. Highway 41-A, Marion, SC
What are the hours of operation?
Monday – Friday, 7am – 7pm
How do I connect to a hotspot?
Internet access is available in the parking lots of locations with a dedicated hotspot. Search for the SSID “HTC Free WiFi” to connect, no password is required. Please note: Due to content restrictions, streaming video is not allowed.