Answer your door from anywhere with a doorbell camera as part of your HTC Security System.
This doorbell camera offers a full color, 180° view with infrared night vision, motion detection and 2-way voice.
It is available in two color options: satin nickel and bronze.
1. Remove Existing Doorbell Button
- Using a screwdriver, remove your existing doorbell from the wall or doorframe. Take care to prevent the existing doorbell wires from slipping back into the wall or doorframe.
2. Attach the Doorbell Camera Mounting Bracket to the wall
- Feed the existing doorbell wires through the hole in the center of the bracket.
- Affix the bracket firmly to the wall or doorframe by drilling 2 new holes for the top and bottom openings on the bracket.
- Using the provided screws, secure the mounting bracket so that it is flush with your wall or doorframe.
3. Connect Power Wires to the Mounting Bracket
- Loosen the terminal screws and insert the wires beneath the screws. (It does not matter which wire connects under which screw) Be careful not to touch the wires together during this process.
- Tighten the screws down onto the wires. The wires must be approximately equal in thickness and the screws should be tightened approximately the same amount so that the screw heads are flush.
4. Attach the Doorbell Camera to the Mounting Bracket
- Slide the top of the doorbell camera down on to the mounting bracket and push the front of the doorbell camera toward the wall.
- Tighten the set screw located on the bottom of the camera, being careful not to damage it (power tools should not be used with the set screw).
- At this point, the camera’s LED should begin to illuminate and upon pushing the doorbell button, you should here the chime inside your home.
Syncing with Alarm.com
IMPORTANT: It is recommended to remain within six feet of the Doorbell Camera throughout the entire enrollment process to ensure the mobile device and the Doorbell Camera stay connected.
1. Ready to Sync
- The Doorbell Camera is ready to sync when the LED is alternating Red and Green. This LED pattern indicates that the camera is in Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) mode. In this mode, the camera broadcasts a temporary Wi-Fi network. During the syncing process, you will connect to this network when instructed by the app at which point the app will configure the Doorbell Camera.
2. Log In to the Alarm.com App & Select “Add Doorbell Camera”
- Use the login and password for the account that will have the Doorbell Camera.
- Navigate to the Doorbell Camera page by selecting the menu button in the top left and then by selecting the Doorbell Camera tab in the left navigation bar.
- Click on “Add Doorbell Camera” and follow the on-screen instructions to
complete the installation and sync the Doorbell Camera with Alarm.com