Show of hands, how many people feel like the summer has flown by? Even though it has, we hope you enjoyed it. But, now that it’s time to go back to school, HTC hopes you’re ready for an exciting new year.
To help you be prepared, we’ve got tips you can use to ease everyone back into the school routine.
- Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “school time” before the first day of school.
- Talk openly with your kids about their feelings about returning to school and be ready to answer any questions.
- Help your kids put together a rough outline of their school and activity schedules.
- Schedule blocks of time to check in with each child to see how things are going.
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. What’s allowed and when.
- Work out an after-school schedule that allows time for snack, relaxation, play and study.
- If they choose to take lunch some or all days, let your kids involved in creating and preparing their daily lunch menus.
- Set — and enforce — regular weekday and weekend bedtimes.
- Remove tech devices, such as phones and tablets, from kids’ bedrooms to focus them on sleeping.
- Remove distractions like TVs and video game consoles from homework areas.
With proper planning your kids, and you, will be better able to approach the school year feeling prepared, excited and ready to get to work!